Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Microsoft Word X-(

I have been using Microsoft Word as my primary authoring tool for years now. And the more I use it, the more passionately I hate it. Do the people who design this ever get feedback from users? Do they know how annoying it is to try and format a simple document without Word trying to read your mind and doing it for you?

And now, Word refuses to let me open a docx file someone sent over, as I don't have Office 2007. It prompts me to download and install the file converter. You would think this would fix my problem, but no, it still refuses to open the file!!!

Argggh!!!!!!

1 comment:

Menno said...

Of course, the obvious answer to this problem is to (finally) start using vim (or even emacs if you really want) and LaTeX...

Related Posts with Thumbnails