Monday, October 15, 2007

Important people

I can hardly believe it. Me? writing a blog? Today, the world has changed. I always thought that people who write blogs think they are they best and that because of that other people should read what they write. Think about it: the greatest people obviously have interesting stuff to write.

Let me emphasize, this really is not why I am writing a blog entry now. The real reason is a bit silly. I am looking for a convenient way to keep track of stuff that I do. With stuff that I do, I mainly mean work related stuff. Projects I'm working on, students I'm supervising, etc. I sometimes write down what's going on in a project and with student supervision I really try to keep track of what they are doing so I can yell at them when they haven't done what they said they were going to do.

Keeping track of what you're doing is not easy it turns out. Text files only work with text. Tables (especially when they get a bit bigger) and images are a bit hard to get in. LaTeX files are a bit better, but inconvenient, HTML may be better, but is annoying to work with manually. What's next? Wikis? Blogs?

Today I created an account on Blogger. This blog is set to private (it's about my thoughts on personal projects), so there's no need to start searching for it (if you were planning that at all). After I created this, I saw that I was already a member of a blog, which I had complete forgotten.

I'll see if blogs do what I want in my project management documentation gap. If not, perhaps I'll become one of these important people who have blogs. I'm sure everybody has been waiting for this blog entry and now they'll want more. What have I done???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails