Thursday, January 14, 2010

2009 was a good year!

in terms of professional satisfaction, 2009 couldn't have gone any better (of course, it would have been great if i got a tenure, but then again, it would be awesome if my wallet filled itself, if we could fly @ 200kph, if pizzas were on the official high-fibre detox diet :D)

anyways, the three best things that happened were (in order of importance for me):

1. getting the best paper award at SIGMAP 2009 - I don't know how ;-)
2. getting an average 4.8 / 5 student feedback score for my postgraduate unit Object Oriented Technology
3. getting the teaching excellence award at SIBT and tax-exempt 1000$ to go with it
4. getting my first submitted grant approved (even though it was a tiny tiny grant request :D)

on the personal front, i got to see my sister after 5 years and one of my niece for the first time. I was completely overwhelmed with joy during that entire month.

hope 2010 can be half as awesome :)

2 comments:

Gunjan Gupta said...

That is so sweet! The reunion was something else. Girls constantly talk about you.

Gaurav said...

we keep reminiscing about all the good times as well! especially the haiyyas and the karate chops :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails