Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Learn to read, (wo)man!

I opened my teacher's evaluation forms today with the same feeling of enthusiasm+fear+hope and was going through the comments in a ridiculous hope to see something on the lines of

"gaurav is so great that he should be rewarded by giving him 20 million dollars and 3 years leave"

or maybe

"gaurav is so bad that he should be gotten rid of by giving him 20 million dollars and 3 years leave"

anyways, I came to this student who gave me a bad rating (not that i am not used to negative feedback :D) Let's call this student "Pat" (I got greeted with a vase by Gunjan, and not in a good way, when I named this character "Harry")

So smarty-pants Pat ticks "strongly disagree" on my teaching evaluation form thinking it's "strongly agree" column. I know that Pat didn't really mean to tick SD since before ticking the dreaded column, Pat commented,

"great lecturer - made it really interesting"

I would have received a 5/5 class feedback if not for Pat.

Pat, before learning C++ and Java, learn to read mate!

sigh...

4 comments:

Andrew Morell said...

hahahahha...that is GOLD!

Arun said...

:D

"I would have received a 5/5 class feedback if not for Harry." — I thought 'twas Pat?!

Gaurav said...

ha ha - well noted, arun, i forgot to change "Harry" to "Pat" at one place. Gunjan's gonna kill me - let me change it soon :)

Gunjan said...

One of these days, I will do exactly what you claim I do. And when that day comes, you better hide the vase!

Related Posts with Thumbnails