Monday, January 19, 2009

the ABSOLUTE easiest recipe

hi all,

this is a simpler form of the khichdi recipe I posted a couple of weeks back. it's a shove-everything-in-and-just-don't-forget-about-it kind of recipe.

ingredients:
1 bowl low starch rice (preferably basmati)
1 bowl split green moong daal (lentil)
1 big potato - diced (on the bigger side)
1 carrot - diced
4 bowls of water
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
4-5 whole dried chillies/ fresh chilli padi (if you like it hot!)
salt to taste

wash the rice and lentil together and get any excess starch off them. mix ALL the ingredients together, cover and cook on high heat for 7 mins, stir, then on 3 o'clock (low heat) for 20 mins.

DONE !!!!

cheers
gaurav

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like fast and easy recipes but this is simply cheating! By the way, I've adapted your original khichdi recipe by adding 150g of bacon strips and I use 2 or 3 carrots instead of the potato. Shame you don't like pork, it gives it a very rich aroma. Thanks again for this, it's my one dish that I have at least every second week:)

Cheers,

Eric

Related Posts with Thumbnails